Thursday 25 March 2010

Robert Adams

It is exciting to think that Hull Truck Theatre are committed to supporting writing.

Speaking from personal experience, the writers I know are a retiring bunch, a bit like hermit crabs, and it’s often difficult to tempt them out of their shells. As a crab myself with quite a lot of the hermit about me, I’m sure the informal place to meet and chat helps to lure me into the open. The idea of the exhibition is very good from this point of view. It is good also that the exhibited displays portraying authors’ work on this occasion is in the Theatre and is near a source of food. Like other crabs I suppose, I like something to do with my claws. A bit of food helps. While hanging around you can fiddle with it on a plate, or sip a cup of coffee or a glass of something stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment