Monday 29 March 2010

Danny Birch

When I was approached by Richard Sutherland to be part of this exhibition I was 'well chuffed' as people round here would say. Not only is it a fantastic idea but it also gives people a chance to see some of the great work some of the region's authors have on offer, and to be part of it fills me with gratitude.

Having being lucky enough to read some of the work by some of the authors on show, I know for a fact that the people who haven't been familiar with these authors' books will not be disappointed.


I think the support from Hull Truck is fantastic, and on a personal level I feel like it is as if we are all pulling together to seeing people's hard work rightly recognised. I can't thank Hull Truck enough for both the opportunity and show of support.

Being a lad from Bransholme I left school at 16 with pretty much nothing but my wits, I never thought I could write a book, never mind people enjoying it. Now it is a bug, and I feel I'm learning with every book I write.

An event like this one is fantastic for all involved, and for me I would hope it would encourage people who have thought about writing to just go for it, they say everyone has a book in them, and if I can do it, anyone can!




No comments:

Post a Comment