Saturday 27 March 2010

Ian Parks

I'm pleased to be involved in the Writing on the Wall exhibition for lots of reasons. First of all, it's always good to have an excuse to come back to Hull and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with friends at the launch. Second, I really like the idea of getting literature out of libraries and universities and making it accessible by featuring it in public places - and you don't get a venue that's more accessible than Hull Truck. I'm also keen to be involved with other, mainly younger writers who are the lifeblood of what's happening now and in the future. Finally, I think it's good that fiction writers and poets are appearing together in the exhibition. Too many literature events separate the genres out and it's an excellent move to have us grouped together which should draw attention to the similarities and not the differences. The exhibition has already drawn my attention to exciting writers who are new to me. The whole idea of 'going public' is an excellent one and I have a good feeling about the launch.


No comments:

Post a Comment